A: The THERMOMAX system consisting of the polyurethane foam and aluminum panel ensures a high cost and energy saving due to the exceptional insulating properties of the polyurethane and the air cushion that is created between the THERMOMAX system. Thus, the energy saving is between 50% and 60%.
2. I saw the Thermomax system and I want to ask you if some energy is not lost at the joint between the panels?
A: We have equipped ourselves with equipment for making the joint key so that in the thermographs made on the works made, there are no such problems with heat loss.
3. What happens if steam is produced between the wall and the THERMOMAX thermal envelope system?
A: Between the wall and the THERMOMAX system, an air-based, controlled ventilated thermal protection is formed that eliminates condensation and moisture from the walls; thus any resulting vapors will be taken up by the aluminum foil on the back of the panel, which acts as a vapor barrier.
The 0.08 mm hardened aluminum foil on the back of the insulating panels acts as a barrier in the diffusion of water, eliminating condensation. Also, thanks to the THERMOMAX system, the humidity is removed from the walls of the building by controlled ventilation and insulating air cushion.
4. Our block has benefited from thermal rehabilitation with the THERMOMAX system and I want to ask you if in a few years I want to repaint the facade of the block do I need a special paint? And if so, where can I buy it?
A: The recommended solution is not to repaint the exterior face of the panel, because the sheet was painted and treated by a special process and with a paint based on polyester resins with a very good protection against UV rays and climatic agents.
Therefore, the solution is to change (replace the panel), our company being willing to exchange panels in the desired color, provided that a minimum period of 6 years has passed since the initial envelope. But the THERMOMAX panel will look impeccable even after 20 years due to the special aluminum sheet painting system.
5. How long do the costs of thermal insulation of buildings pay for themselves?
A: The THERMOMAX system has a amortization period of the costs related to the insulation works of about 2 – 5 years. Thinking that thermal insulation is guaranteed for 20 years and has a lifespan of 50 years from tests, you can already imagine what advantages you can have.
6. Are polystyrene facades lighter than THERMOMAX ones with polyurethane foam and aluminum?
A: The THERMOMAX system, being composed of light materials such as aluminum and rigid polyurethane foam, weighs approximately 5.4 kg / sqm, which classifies it as one of the lightest thermal insulation systems.
7. How fast are the thermal insulations installed with the THERMOMAX solution?
A: The assembly teams can do this at any time, the time required being extremely short. For example: for covering the blocks with the THERMOMAX system, with surfaces of 2,000 sqm – the installation time is a maximum of 2 weeks! It is necessary to install a simple installation scaffolding and then you have peace for life, because at least 20 years you do not need to intervene on the facade. No further preparatory work is required, the fixing is dry and the risk of detaching the plasters is eliminated, as the fastening screws pierce the plaster and get stuck in the concrete.
8. How much mess occurs when installing the Thermomax system?
A: Being a semi-manufactured system, there are no wet materials in the component, no mess is made during assembly. All debris resulting from cutting is recycled!
9. What thermal insulation systems are used in the area of windows?
A: In the area of the windows, the THERMOMAX panels are cut at the carpentry dimensions, a perimeter thermal insulation with 10 cm thick mineral wool is made and some special aluminum closing profiles are mounted that make the carpentry and facade tight.
10. What thermal insulation systems are used at the corners of buildings?
A: The closures are made with special aluminum profiles.
11. What thermal insulation systems are used at the bottom of the building?
A: Depending on the architecture of the buildings that need thermal insulation, with or without sidewalk, the ones with sidewalk come with the system up to the level of the sidewalk, after which it is cut about 10-15 cm parallel to it, then the closure is made and sealing the system with the help of a special aluminum closing profile; for those without sidewalk, the system continues approx. 50 cm buried in the ground.
12. What thermal insulation systems are used at the top of the building?
A: Depending on the architecture of the buildings that need thermal insulation, with terrace or roof, for those with terrace, the system is mounted up to the attic level and the closure is made with special aluminum profiles that are attached to the front of the panel and on the attic. For those with a roof, the system is mounted up to the level of the arrow and then the closure is made with special aluminum profiles.
13. How to clean the thermal insulated / enveloped exterior walls with THERMOMAX and how to maintain them?
A: If you still need to clean the insulated walls with the THERMOMAX system, this can be done very easily, with the help of a shower connected to the garden hose or with a high pressure cleaning device (water jet).
14. How does the thermal insulation of the Thermomax system protect the environment?
A: The components of the THERMOMAX system recommend it as one of the most ecological thermal insulation systems, due to the massive reductions of the greenhouse effect, caused by the consumption of fossil fuels by heating buildings, the system reducing the energy bill by 50-60%.
It is also the only building enveloping system that can be recycled up to 80% when you want to replace it.
15. What patterns of textures for exterior walls do you have and what colors?
A: The textures offered for the exterior walls by embossing the sheet cover models of structured plasters, calcio calcio, brick, travertine, wood, camouflage, the whole RAL range, as well as other special colors.
16. Why would I choose thermal rehabilitation with the Thermomax system?
A: We bring to your attention, compared to what we mentioned before, the following advantages:
- Because the THERMOMAX system does not degrade on its own, it does not change color and looks just as new after 20-30 years;
- Because the choice / replacement of some components from which the THERMOMAX system is made cannot be made by the manufacturer, as it happens in the case of the classic system;
- Because you can get financing for a period longer than 20 years, due to the guarantees and lifespan of over 50 years, compared to the classic system, which has a lifespan of 3-5 years;
- Because the classical system allows the development of bacteria, insects and rodents inside it;
- Because the classic system has in its component poor quality polystyrene, which due to its chemical properties, after 24 months enters the evaporation process (decreases) which leads to cracks on the facades and implicitly to their restoration;
- Because the classic system is, according to European regulations, forbidden to be mounted at a height higher than 12 meters because it becomes a noise propagator;
- Because isolation can be done with the THERMOMAX system once every 35 years and not every 5 years.
17. How long does the polystyrene insulation last compared to the one with THERMOMAX walls made of rigid polyurethane foam and aluminum?
A: Compared to the classic system, the THERMOMAX system has a lifespan of 10 times longer and for this you do not have to be specialists in thermal insulation; the THERMOMAX system lasts 50 years, and we offer a 20-year warranty.
18. What tools are used to cut THERMOMAX panels?
A: When cutting, use a circular disc saw for aluminum with vacuum teeth.
19. What is the role of the air between the wall of the building and the THERMOMAX system?
Any specialist in thermal insulation will tell you that air has the role of thermal and sound barrier, has the role of ventilating the wall eliminating moisture and the risk of condensation and its negative effects; the THERMOMAX system is improved from the ventilated system stage to the light semi-ventilated system stage.
20. How is the color of the panels preserved over time?
A: Unlike other thermal insulation solutions, the aluminum sheet used to make the outer face of THERMOMAX panels is electrostatically painted with UV-resistant polyester paint, scratches and weathering and does not change color. From the laboratory tests made by our partner EURAMAX COATING it turned out that the lifespan of the sheet painted in electrostatic field and lacquered in appropriate mode, is of minimum 50 years.
21. How to solve the problem of uneven facades?
A: The great advantage of the thermal insulation on the THERMOMAX system is that it has variable fixing elements that can take over unevenness from the facade of the building, so that in the end you get a modern looking building with straight, impeccable walls.
22. I am building a new building and if I opt for the THERMOMAX system, do I still need to plaster the exterior walls?
A. The installation of the THERMOMAX system does not require plastering the walls, but ensures the protection of the walls from external climatic factors, a constant temperature of them, and at the same time an exceptional exterior finish.
23. Are these insulating walls fire resistant?
A: Rigid polyurethane foam panels do not maintain combustion and fall into fire class B-S2-D0. That is why the THERMOMAX thermal insulation system will not endanger the house and the goods compared to the poor quality polystyrene insulation.
24. I am a beneficiary of the rehabilitation of the blocks with the THERMOMAX system, and this summer I managed to buy an AC device, I want to ask you, in fact, to help me with a technical advice, where the joints will be made, how will it be sealed?
A: The panel is cut with a small disc circular, and after mounting the outdoor air conditioning unit on the facade, on the areas where the panel was cut, the polyurethane foam is filled.
25. In the event of a hail storm, do THERMOMAX panels undergo impact changes?
A: Due to their component (rigid polyurethane foam and electrostatically painted aluminum sheet), THERMOMAX panels do not undergo changes due to external factors, being very resistant.
26. How do THERMOMAX panels withstand damage on the outside?
A: The THERMOMAX system can be damaged only by hitting actions with a hard, punctual object, according to the laboratory tests performed.
Facade cladding with THERMOMAX system does not influence the strength and stability of constructions presenting stability to the action of static loads (vertical and pulling) resulting from their own weight, from external climatic stresses (pressures, depressions or vibrations generated by wind or torrential rains) or from support wall movements. . The weight of the THERMOMAX system is less than 6 kg / sqm.
27. How do you protect your outer walls from torrential rains? Will water not enter between the wall of the building and your system?
A: Due to the fact that the panels are mounted vertically and the joint between them is made tight, the system does not allow water infiltration between the panel and the wall of the existing building.
28. I saw that around the windows you close with some perimeter window sills, around the upper window sill in case of a rain, no water enters between the window sill and the panel? I saw that it is fastened to the panel with some self-drilling screws and I think that the water enters easily.
A: It is true that the perimeter area of the windows is closed with tin window sills. The assembly procedure obliges the constructor that before fixing the window sill, to apply a silicone cord (special silicone) on the whole perimeter of the window, in order to seal it, then their fastening will be done with self-drilling screws or pop-rivets. This sealing makes it impossible for water to penetrate between the window sill and the panel.
29. What is the difference between polyurethane and polystyrene thermal insulation:
A: There are so many technical differences in favor of polyurethane that the answer could be formulated at length. That is why I consider as the most eloquent example the fact that all refrigerators in the world use technology: aluminum, polyurethane core, aluminum foil! This is one of the main arguments when we talk about the THERMOMAX system, both in terms of thermal insulation and the effect of this system on human health.